There are many facts that we blindly follow without knowing them. Here we are mentioning some of them which worth knowing.
- Ever noticed a hole in the washbasin? have you ever wondered about the purpose of that hole?
If the water tap is left on for a while and the drain stopper is closed, the opening will channel water down into the drain opening rather than letting it spill out of the sink onto the floor and the second reason is that the overflow allows the sink to drain faster by introducing air into the system.
- Have to ever heard your mother saying that ‘Sweeping the floor during the evening brings bad luck‘.
These kinds of superstitions were believed because they really have some inner science/ reason behind them. Here the reason for this is to avoid sweeping away something important in the dark that will be on the floor.
- Bath after attending a funeral ceremony.
We were not allowed to enter into the home without a bath after attending a funeral because bath will help us in preventing catching infections from the deceased.
- Don’t look in a broken mirror.
It is believed that we shouldn’t look in a broken mirror because we might get hurt by those broken glasses.
- Don’t cut nails at night time.
It is said because if we do so then the nails might dispersed in the room and we might get hurt by those nails in the absence of light.
- Don’t go near a peepal tree in the night.
It is said because to avoid inhaling excessive Carbon dioxide(CO2).
- Myth: Kamasutra is all about sex.
The fact is that only 20 percentage of Kamasutra talks about sex. Rest 80% talks about emotional fulfillment, love, and life.
- Don’t step out during an Eclipse
To avoid causing harm to eyes or loss of eyesight. It is said mainly to pregnant women because to be safe from UV -rays.
- Plastering floor With Cow Dung.
It is commonly followed by traditional families because Cow dung water sprinkling and Plastering floor with Cow Dung acts as a disinfectant.
- Do not Sleep with your head Facing the north
We were asked not to sleep facing our head to north because to prevent cardiovascular diseases arising from the asymetry with earth’s magnetic field.
- Swallow tulsi leaves never chew them.
Swallowing tulsi leaves prevents degradation of enamel from the arsenic in tulsi.
Terms of Service: https://www.quora.com/about/tos