There are two cases here based on where you sleep.
- A closed environment (air-conditioned room)
- Open place (easy airflow)
For suppose if someone sleeps in a closed environment like an air-conditioned room and when the fire rapidly grows then oxygen available in the room will be exhausted fastly and produce large amounts of Carbon Monoxide (CO).
Unlike Carbon Dioxide, Monoxide doesn’t produce the feeling of suffocation that one feels when ‘running out of air.’ As Carbon Monoxide builds up, it displaces oxygen in the bloodstream, and the person loses consciousness while in sleep.
The symptoms of CO poisoning tend to be mild at first – headache, dizziness, weakness. These are all things that are irrelevant if you’re already asleep. It progresses to confusion, blurred vision, and unconsciousness. In other words, a person who is asleep won’t show or feel any symptoms at all – CO poisoning and going to sleep are basically the same thing. Death from CO, for a person who is asleep, would be literally painless. They would never know that anything at all had happened.
For suppose if a person is sleeping in an open environment then he/she can possibly get to know about fire in the surroundings and one can possibly save themself from fire.
Here is the news article that a family of five were died in sleep due to fire in an air-conditioned room. https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/family-of-five-charred-to-death-after-short-circuit-in-air-conditioner/story-JCRmnIrlen37DqqgahINBO.html
AIR CONDITIONER FIRES & HOW TO PREVENT THEM:
- Do not plug your AC to a power extension cord. A 1-ton AC may consume between 900 to 1200 W of power (some units may consume even more power) which is much higher than a mobile phone (2 to 6W) or a laptop (20-50 W). Plugging it to a power extension cord will increase the risk of the cord and subsequently, the machine, catching fire, so reserve a switch for the appliance instead.
- This electrical socket must be easily accessible so you can switch it off in an emergency situation. The wires should be placed in such a manner that they do not become a trip hazard.
- Ensure that no water source, like a tap, is near the unit. Place the unit in such a way that even accidentally, water doesn’t spill over the unit. Also, avoid placing decorative items, like flowers upon the unit.
- Keep the unit and wires away from hot surfaces that may damage the wire insulation.
- Get the AC and electric socket checked regularly. Since they are high voltage units, this precautionary measure is a must.
- It is advised to let only professionals install an AC at your home so they can check for water seepage, the correct socket for installation, etc.
- If any parts (external or internal) are damaged or broken, have them repaired immediately. Tell-tale signs like weird noises, nasty smell or reduced cooling, etc. should not be ignored.
Terms of Service: http://www.quora.com/about/tos
30 thoughts on “Can someone die in their sleep without waking up due to fire?”
I think you have mentioned some very interesting points, thank you for the post. Ferne Buckie Gotthelf
You should be a part of a contest for one of the greatest blogs on the net. Wanda Laurent Heriberto
Thanks to my father who shared with me on the topic of this webpage, this website is truly awesome. Anett Corbin Coady
There is apparently a bundle to know about this. I suppose you made certain good points in features also. Claudina Kendall Constancia
Very good post! We will be linking to this great article on our website. Keep up the good writing. Stephenie Adolphe Michail
Thank you Daffie! I appreciate your comments and hope you visit again soon. Albina Reamonn Tandie
I really liked your blog article. Much thanks again. Really Cool. Corrine Karney Vtarj
Asking questions are in fact nice thing if you are not understanding anything entirely, however this post provides nice understanding even. Catina Ulysses Chryste
A round of applause for your article post. Keep writing. Ginny Harland Urissa
Your means of explaining all in this article is in fact fastidious, all can easily know it, Thanks a lot. Charity Jared Theodora
Sneakers con plateau da donna, sneakers con plateau casual nere. Hedwig Carver Glassman
Just beneath, are numerous absolutely not connected web pages to ours, on the other hand, they may be surely really worth going over. Crista Robbert Chyou
I absolutely love your blog.. Excellent colors & theme. Ann Murry Andi
Hey, thanks for the blog post. Really thank you! Fantastic. Goldy Faulkner Cedric
If some one desires expert view about running a blog afterward i suggest him/her to pay a visit this weblog, Keep up the good work. Albertine John Guild
Superb, what a blog it is! This webpage presents valuable information to us, keep it up. Myriam Jareb Langill
Asking questions are actually fastidious thing if you are not understanding something entirely, except this post provides nice understanding yet. Jeane Lydon Portwine
These are truly impressive ideas in regarding blogging. Madelyn Emmott Oakman
Hi there, I want to subscribe for this weblog to get most recent updates, therefore where can i do it please help out. Eden Bernardo Thacher
Thanks for the auspicious writeup. It in reality was once a enjoyment account it. Jaquith Tristam Alfreda
Really informative blog post. Much thanks again. Really Great. Selestina Mohammed Zilber
This article is genuinely a nice one it assists new the web viewers, who are wishing in favor of blogging. Shanon Elijah Gurevich
The info talked about within the write-up are a few of the most effective offered. Ginnie Sandor Sabba
Really enjoyed this article post. Thanks Again. Really Great. Hildagarde Moises Waers
But wanna remark on few general things, The website style and design is perfect, the content material is really superb : D. Rickie Dav End
Pretty! This was a really wonderful post. Thank you for supplying this information. Ginnifer Alley Zakaria
I truly appreciate this article. Thanks Again. Keep writing. Genny Whitney Fruma
You completed several nice points there. I did a search on the issue and found the majority of folks will consent with your blog. Helga Kalil Feodora
Great blog, Just wanted to comment that i can not connect to the rss stream, you might want install the right wordpress plugin for that to workthat. Riva Davin Celestyna